Find ITI Admission 2016-17 Notification, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form and Registration Procedure.
Click Here ► : Apply online for admission
Are you searching for ITI Admission in India in 2016 ? if so, your search rightly ends here. Admission to Industrial Training Institutes in India is directed by the Directorate of Employment and Training of the Ministry of Labour of the Government of India. ITI admission process is based on merit in the qualifying examination prescribed for a particular trade and as per the recommendations of the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT). In case, the public examination marks are not considered, the board conducts a written examination that serves as minmum qualification for the trade.
What is the eligibility criteria for ITI admission ?
Age: Individuals aged between 14 and 40 years of age as on date of start of admission session are eligible to apply for admission to ITI and ITC's in India
Educational qualification: The academic qualification for trades vary from class VIII pass to class XII pass depending upon selected trade.
Age Relaxation: -
45 years in case of ex-servicemen
45 years in case of war widows
Widows/separated women would be allowed to join various training programmers under C.T.S. up to the age of 35 years
The upper age limit for physically handicapped candidates is relaxed by 10 years and kept as 35 years as on the date of admission.
Application Procedure for ITI admission 2016 ?
The prospectus and performa for ITI admission 2016 can be obtained from respective state directorates responsible for Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS) and principal of concerned Industrial Training Institutes and centers.
Selection Procedure for ITI admission :
As per the recommendation of NCVT, Admission to ITI is to be made purely on merit based on the marks secured by the candidate in the public examination as per the minimum qualification prescribed for the individual trade. Whereever, there is no public examination at the minimum qualification level, admission may be made on the marks obtained by the candidate in the written examination conducted by the State Directorate for the purpose of admission.
Reservation of Seats:
- Persons belonging to SC/ST category in proportion to their population in each state or territory.
- 25 % seats reserved for women candidates.
- For boys and girls sponsored by recognized orphanges.
- 3% seats reserved under Craftsmen Training Scheme and Apprenticeship Training Scheme for candidates who are handicapped but have aptitude and are fit to undergo training.
- Directorate General of Resettlement have confirmed the inclusion of Ex-servicemen category in the revised priorities for reservation up to 10 seats in each of the ITIs.
As such the revised priorities for admission of wards of Defense personnel etc. would henceforth be as under:
- Children of deceased/disabled ex- servicemen, including those killed/disabled during peace time.
- Children of ex-servicemen.
- Children of serving jawans.
- Children of serving officers.
Start of Session:
Session in ITI s starts from 1st February and 1st August every year.